Sunday, September 17, 2006

of the presence of the body... I'm going to NYC again

Yesterday,I went to E.S.Bird Library at the Syracuse University and borrowed a few books-- 'Of the presence of the body',--'Performance and the politics of movement'--,'Anthropology and the dance-Ten lectures' and 'The hidden dimension/Edward Hall'.....The most interesting part is chapter; 'descriptive language' and 'body language'.

The reason I chose these books is because I'm doing research for my photo project.--'Where spoken languages are known to require translation, the popular belief among many is that body language do not require translation. This is also related to my youth; I experienced not talking for two years and I moved almost 20 times in my life........I'm going to take pictures of modells(or myself) in different poses and also empty spaces,than using two layers black&white film to make the prints....------------------------
Ik ben blij dat ik deze twee maanden in Amerika geheel mag concentreren op mijn werk, eindelijk een project wat niet van subsidiegeld is....,en ik hoop dat ik in de toekomst buiten Nederland nog meer projecten mag doen.In Nederland krijg ik een kans als het letterlijk gerelateerd is aan mijn chinese identiteit, en daar gaat mijn werk niet over, ik dacht dat het universeler is.. Ik denk dat er weinig ruimte is voor mijn autonoom werk in Nederland.(wel in letters en in cijfers, haha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home